syncope-dev mailing list archives

From "Dalrymple, Philip" <...@mdtsoft.com>
Subject Re: I am having trouble setting up my build system for Syncope and need some help on deployment.
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2019 11:43:12 GMT
Thanks, I have another fire to put out today (well two as a matter of fact)

I do need to work with the source as I need to add two functions that are missing
(and maybe another) but the reason that I went to that now is that I could not
get enough customization in the docker build (it did work) and could not get
the Maven from archetype to start in tomcat. I may take another shot at that.

I got a email fro Fabio and will take a look at the support options.

just F.Y.I.

1) a simple command line too to generate at least a BCRYPT admin/root password
(needed because for production it is a very bad idea to have a default password and
the ASE-1 hash is not a good one anymore)

2) support in the password .... I think it is rules .... to check each password for Entropy
(at least an estimate using zxcvbn) I was thinking of adding this as an option to the
default password rules.

In addition I may look at getting Argon2 as another hash into Syncope.

--
This email, and any files transmitted with it, are confidential
whom they are addressed.  If you have received this email in error,

3480 Preston Ridge Road
Suite 450
Alpharetta, GA 30005

Philip W. Dalrymple III <pwd@mdtsoft.com>
MDT Software - Automation Management Company
+1 678 297 1001
Fax +1 678 297 1003