syncope-dev mailing list archives

From "Dalrymple, Philip" <...@mdtsoft.com>
Subject Re: I am having trouble setting up my build system for Syncope and need some help on deployment.
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2019 16:31:29 GMT
I am going to give the archetype deploy another try on Thur.

--
This email, and any files transmitted with it, are confidential
whom they are addressed.  If you have received this email in error,
please advise postmaster@mdtsoft.com <mailto:postmaster@mdtsoft.com>.

3480 Preston Ridge Road
Suite 450
Alpharetta, GA 30005

Philip W. Dalrymple III <pwd@mdtsoft.com>
MDT Software - Automation Management Company
+1 678 297 1001
Fax +1 678 297 1003

From: Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgrosso@apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2019 11:45
To: dev@syncope.apache.org
Subject: Re: I am having trouble setting up my build system for Syncope and need some help
on deployment.

Hi,
FYI customizing Docker is indeed possible up to a certain extent, but it
requires some Docker skills, of course.

Moreover, building the Maven project generated from archetype and
deploying to an external Java EE container, with a real database is
ordinary stuff. If you still have troubles with that, I'd suggest to try
again.

Regards.

On 11/09/19 13:43, Dalrymple, Philip wrote:
> Thanks, I have another fire to put out today (well two as a matter of fact)
>
> I do need to work with the source as I need to add two functions that are missing
> (and maybe another) but the reason that I went to that now is that I could not
> get enough customization in the docker build (it did work) and could not get
> the Maven from archetype to start in tomcat. I may take another shot at that.
>
> just F.Y.I.
>
> 1) a simple command line too to generate at least a BCRYPT admin/root password
> (needed because for production it is a very bad idea to have a default password and
> the ASE-1 hash is not a good one anymore)
>
> 2) support in the password .... I think it is rules .... to check each password for Entropy
> (at least an estimate using zxcvbn) I was thinking of adding this as an option to the
> default password rules.
>
> In addition I may look at getting Argon2 as another hash into Syncope.
>

> --
> This email, and any files transmitted with it, are confidential
> and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to
> whom they are addressed.  If you have received this email in error,
> please advise postmaster@mdtsoft.com <mailto:postmaster@mdtsoft.com>.
>
> 3480 Preston Ridge Road
> Suite 450
> Alpharetta, GA 30005
>
> Philip W. Dalrymple III <pwd@mdtsoft.com>
> MDT Software - Automation Management Company
> +1 678 297 1001
> Fax +1 678 297 1003

I will have to
>> make a couple of changes but first I thought to get a system up and running without
any changes.
>> So I first tried the docker deployment, I was able to get this up but any tweaking
was real hard
>> (as the notes said it would be) so I shifted to the Maven method noted in the getting
started guide,
>> this did not go well so, given that I wanted to make some changes to the code anyway
I next

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence