syncope-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Running Syncope from source?
Date Sun, 22 Sep 2019 05:10:30 GMT
On 20-set-19, alle 11:03, Misagh Moayyed misagh.moayyed@tirasa.net wrote:

>> First run
>>
>> mvn -PskipTests,all
>>
>> from root folder.
>>
>> Then if you want to run only Syncope Core, with JPDA debug on localhost:8000:
>>
>> cd fit/core-refererence
>> mvn -Pdebug,all (or -P debug if you don't want extensions)
>>
>> If you want to run Syncope Core and Console, with JPDA debug on localhost:8000:
>>
>> cd fit/console-reference
>> mvn -Pdebug
>>
>> If you want to run Syncope Core, Console and Enduser, with JPDA debug on
>> localhost:8000:
>>
>> cd fit/enduser-reference
>> mvn -Pdebug
>

> Thank you.
>
> Let's say I want to run Syncope Core and Console. I can issue the required
> commands and then set up a debugger over port 8000. All good. What I am not
> sure about is, how do I bring up the web UI for Syncope's console to login and
> click around? (i.e. Something like http://localhost:8080/syncope-console).

Yep, but only because the Tomcat listening port is 9080, not 8080.

When starting as indicated above, the components and URLs available match the ones available
when starting standalone or projects generated from archetype, e.g.

http://syncope.apache.org/docs/2.1/getting-started.html#paths-and-components

> Running commands from the "fit" folder structure seems to suggest that I want
> to run integration tests, where in fact, I want to be able to bring up the Web
> UI for relevant components and step into running code.

The point is that having a full-blown Syncope environment is not easy, as several components
have to be available - see above; since we have a setup for running integration tests which
does that, we have also added the debug / hotswap profiles with exact purpose to "bring up
the Web UI for relevant components and step into running code" - mainly in order to spot and
squash bugs.

Regards.
--
Francesco Chicchiriccò