syncope-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Want to contribute
Date Thu, 02 May 2019 10:02:43 GMT
On 01/05/19 17:52, Atul More wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am interested to work on Syncope project especially on development side.
> I have total 13+ years of experience in Java/Spring and related
> technologies. Also experience with IAM/GRC domain(basic).
>
> Just want to understand, how can I do that?
>  From where to start?
Hi Atul,
welcome to Apache Syncope!

I'd suggest you take first a look at [1] and to submit your ICLA, since
you intend to contribute.

Then, you can get yourself acquainted with using Syncope [2][3], the
build process [4] and finally start looking at issues on JIRA [5].

Some ideas for first-time contributions can be:

  * SYNCOPE-1332 - to review the whole code on master branch in order to
    see if there are language features from Java 11 we are not currently
    using
  * SYNCOPE-1403 - to enhance the Netbeans IDE plugin in order to use
    the actual classpath when building Groovy classes
  * SYNCOPE-1218 - to enhance the Admin Console with capability to
    persist the Topology layout across sessions (and users, possibly)
  * SYNCOPE-1465 - to augment the information stored about Task and
    Report execution
  * SYNCOPE-1466 - to augment the metadata stored about Users, Groups
    and Any Objects

Feel free to ask, should you need any guidance.
Regards.

[1] http://syncope.apache.org/contributing
[2] http://syncope.apache.org/docs/getting-started.html
[3] http://syncope.apache.org/docs/reference-guide.html