syncope-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Questions about testing
Date Thu, 24 May 2018 07:11:28 GMT
On 23/05/2018 17:48, Jacob Strong wrote:
> I have a couple of questions about the testing process of Apache Syncope.
>
> 1: Any static analysis tools used?
> 2: Any dynamic source code analysis tools?
> 3: Official UI testing?
> 4: Load tests/Scaling tests?
>
> I've been looking through the documentation and haven't been able to find any information
on this. If anyone could point me in the right direction or answer these questions that would
be great.

Hi Jacob,
being Syncope structured with an Apache Maven-based build, the test
process is based on:

* Maven surefire and failsafe plugins combined with Junit, as defined in
[1] and enforced by some CI systems as indicated in [2]; moreover:
     * various modules run their own unit tests as part of the standard
build
     * there is a dedicated module [3] running integration tests, also
for the Wicket-based Admin UI
     * while, by default, the integration tests are run with in-memory
database and embedded Tomcat, more build profiles are available to run
the test suite against all the supported Java EE containers [4] and
DBMSs [5]

* various Maven plugins involving Node.js and PhantomJS to run the
integration tests for the Angular.js-based Enduser UI, in its own
dedicated module [6]

* the Checkstyle plugin is in place to ensure the basic rules around
code guidelines

I hope this provides you with some insight; may I ask you the reason
behind such questions?

Regards.

[1] https://github.com/apache/syncope/blob/master/pom.xml#L1868-L1911
[2] http://syncope.apache.org/integration