syncope-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] - Dynamic group memberships
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2017 08:35:08 GMT
> Hi all,
>
> In UserTO, we maintain a list of static group memberships via the
> MembershipTO class. However, for dynamic group membership, we just maintain
> a list of Strings, which correspond to the Id of the group.
>
> So for example, if we do a GET on a given user we could see something like:
>
> "memberships":[{"type":"Membership","rightType":"GROUP","rightKey":"06fba4e9-a013-4ffc-bba4-e9a0133ffc79","groupName":"tempgroup"
> "dynGroups":["06fba4e9-a013-4ffc-bba4-e9a0133ffc79"]
>
> One drawback to this approach is that if we want to find the names of the
> groups a user is a member of, including dynamic membership, then we need to
> make a separate request with a fiql search query to return the groups, and
> then parse the response appropriately.
>
> Ideally we would be able to see the group names for the dynamic case as
> well when retrieving the users - this means only one call would be needed.
> Would it be possible to update UserTO with a list of MembershipTOs that
> correspond to the dynamic case?

Hi Colm,
it seems there are no much people around interested in dynamic
memberships :-)

Anyway, your proposed change looks fine, but I would not mix in the same
field both static and dynamic memberships; hence, I propose to:

* keep List<MembershipTO> memberships
* change List<String> dynGroups into List<MembershipTO> dynMemberships,
where each MembershipTO has naturally empty attributes lists

WDYT?
Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò