syncope-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AnyObjects query
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2017 09:04:09 GMT
Hi Francesco

OK. So, as far as the Syncope returning the list of printers to the
client code issuing the query, how would it guess that when someone
searches for the blue cartridges it is actually a list of printers is
expected ? Where will this code which next goes over the list of all the
cartridges and prepare a list of Printers will sit ?

As far as the demand is concerned: it is driven by a too long URI
production issue Colm referred to

Thanks, Sergey

> On 29/06/2017 10:52, Sergey Beryozkin wrote:
>> Hi Fabio
>>
>> That would not work at the generic level as it would require a 2-way
>> relationship (cartridge - printer for ex) which is not always
>> realistic to expect,
>
> In the Syncope data model, all Relationships are 2-way.
>
> I agree with Fabio: the use case proposed by Colm is doable with current
> implementation.
>
> Naturally, there is always room for improvements, but I don't see much
> demand ATM.
>
> Regards.

>>> Hi Colm, maybe you can search all the cartridges blue with a
>>> relationship with a printer.
>>> The result will be a list of cartridges. Each item will be reported
>>> including a specific field relationships (if I well remember) about
>>> all the printers related to the item.
>>> In this case, you will have all the info you need retrieved by a
>>> single short query. Don't you agree?
>>>
>>> BR,
>>> F.

I have some