syncope-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiricc├▓ <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Want to start contributing in Syncope project
Date Fri, 05 May 2017 06:43:39 GMT
Hi Yash,
see my replies below.

Regards.

On 04/05/2017 20:46, Yash Jain wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for providing the documents.
>
> 1) I am able to build the project on my local using following command :
>     mvn - PskipTests,all
> I have attached txt file for the build results.

Cool.

> 2)  But when I am running command:
>    mvn clean install
> It is failing . Should I try to debug the issue or should I start
> going through the code.

Building Syncope with all tests is quite resource-demanding, so there
are some synchronization issues in the integration tests which lead to
failure when the underlying system takes a bit more than expected to
respond.
On my laptop, for example, 'mvn  -T 1C -PskipTests,all' takes around
1.30 mins while 'mvn -T 1C clean install' something less than 20 mins.

We have however several CI instances in place, including Travis CI:

https://travis-ci.org/apache/syncope/builds

which take additional care about successful builds.

I'd say you'd rather start going through the code ;-)

> 3) I went through the link [1]  and I think I can work on "social
> registration for End user UI" module.
> Kindly help me on which sections of code, I should start going through
> to further work on this module.

Cool, then you're looking at

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNCOPE-1018

Besides what it is already reported in the issue description and
comments, you can now - after Syncope 2.0.3 was released - also have a
kind of reference implementation in the SAML 2.0 SP extension, e.g.

https://github.com/apache/syncope/tree/2_0_X/ext/saml2sp

That extension, in fact, allows to SSO to Admin Console and Enduser UI
after authenticating to an external SAML 2.0 IdP.

The new extension from SYNCOPE-1018, instead, should enable the Enduser
UI (and possibly the Admin Console too, why not?) to SSO after
authenticating to an external OAuth 2.0 provider (for existing users) or
to pre-populate some attribute (for self-registration, in the Enduser UI).

Once you've got some confidence around Syncope concepts and codebase, I
suggest to start from

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SYNCOPE/%5BDISCUSS%5D+SAML+2.0+Service+Provider+feature

and to create a similar page for OAuth 2.0.
Once done that, you might want to start a separate mail thread here on
dev@ to discuss.

In order to proceed, we need:

* you to sign and submit an ICLA - see http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas
* your Confluence account so I can grant you write access to
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SYNCOPE

Glad to have you onboard, anyway!

--
Francesco Chicchiricc├▓