syncope-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [IAM PoC] Starting with implementation
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2017 15:12:36 GMT
> On 10/01/2017 23:56, Chris Lambertus wrote:
>> Yes, I am available. I will provide you an export of our existing
>> LDAP repository and pointers to our schemas.
>
> Thanks Chris, looks good!
>
>> In answer to your questions below regarding id.a.o:
>>
>> 1) Yes, the current id.a.o app exclusively manages data in LDAP as a
>> self-service tool.
>>
>> 2a) OpenLDAP
>> 2b) A variety including some custom schemas which I will make
>> available you along with the ldif.
>> 2c) There are MANY processes and tools which read and write from LDAP.
>>
>> The initial scope of the PoC should be to provision Syncope as an
>> admin and end-user UI for maintaining attributes related to LDAP
>> accounts (committers, staff) as a potential replacement for the
>> id.apache.org <http://id.apache.org> service. Once we’ve explored the
>> key functionality of a test/demo implementation, we can look at what
>> it would take to replace the service in production, along with
>> integrating other tools related to account creation.
>
> I completely agree.
>
> AFAICT, the identified tasks are:
>
> 1. setup an OpenLDAP  instance with the content and configuration provided
> 2. configure the Syncope entities: schemas, realms, resource, tasks, ...
> 3. configure / customize the Enduser UI
>
> I will start with task (1), manual installation; not sure if it makes
> sense to puppet-ize that: if so, Pierre could possibly help.

Updated: thanks to the LDIF dump saved under

/root/asf-20170110.ldif on syncope-vm2

and the LDAP conf chunks I could derive from

https://github.com/apache/infrastructure-puppet/tree/deployment/modules/ldapserver

I was finally able to successfully import everything; the OpenLDAP
instance is currently up and running, ready to rumble.

FYI I have placed a copy of the resulting slapd.conf under /root on
syncope-vm2

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence