syncope-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [IAM PoC] Starting with implementation
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2017 11:42:49 GMT
On 10/01/2017 23:56, Chris Lambertus wrote:
> Yes, I am available. I will provide you an export of our existing LDAP
> repository and pointers to our schemas.

Thanks Chris, looks good!

> In answer to your questions below regarding id.a.o:
>
> 1) Yes, the current id.a.o app exclusively manages data in LDAP as a
> self-service tool.
>
> 2a) OpenLDAP
> 2b) A variety including some custom schemas which I will make
> available you along with the ldif.
> 2c) There are MANY processes and tools which read and write from LDAP.
>
> The initial scope of the PoC should be to provision Syncope as an
> admin and end-user UI for maintaining attributes related to LDAP
> accounts (committers, staff) as a potential replacement for the
> id.apache.org <http://id.apache.org> service. Once we’ve explored the
> key functionality of a test/demo implementation, we can look at what
> it would take to replace the service in production, along with
> integrating other tools related to account creation.

I completely agree.

AFAICT, the identified tasks are:

1. setup an OpenLDAP  instance with the content and configuration provided
2. configure the Syncope entities: schemas, realms, resource, tasks, ...
3. configure / customize the Enduser UI

I will start with task (1), manual installation; not sure if it makes
sense to puppet-ize that: if so, Pierre could possibly help.
Any other volunteer?

Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò