syncope-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Enduser Test Profile
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2016 15:00:02 GMT
On 18/11/2016 15:20, Matteo Di Carlo wrote:
> Hi all,
> I would like to share some considerations about enduser testing.
>
> After tests have been written or updated we are able to run them
> manually through node and protractor directly from
> ${enduser-test.dir}: a directory created in /fit/enduser/target during
> pre-integration-test phase. During the same phase protractor,
> phantomjs and node are installed too.
> Actually in the build cycle these four operations are skipped, so
> every time we work on enduser tests we need to temporarily modify
> syncope-fit-enduser-reference pom to run tests manually.
>
> Could be usefull to create a Enduser test specific maven profile ?

Hi Matteo,
please go ahead and post your proposed changes to
fit/enduser-reference/pom.xml somewhere (Gist?), I am not sure to
understand why you need it: is your purpose to build an easy way to
leave Syncope running with the ability to manually run some JS tests
against it?

In fit/core-reference you can achieve something similar by running

mvn -Pdebug

or

mvn -Pdebug,all

and then (for example)

mvn test -Dtest=GroupITCase

Is my understanding correct? Could you please provide a concrete
example, besides your proposed changes?

Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò