syncope-dev mailing list archives

From Matteo Di Carlo <matteo.dica...@tirasa.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Enduser Test Profile
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2016 16:37:38 GMT
Hi,
here <https://gist.github.com/mteo/57e5e8fd56c723085dc212576b7acbe8> is
one possible solution I found today to run tests AND prepare a test
environment in the same time. Test related plugins are included in a new
profile.
This could be a good solution if the new profile is the only one using
those plugins I think.
Matteo

> Matteo,
> please draft an updated
>
> fit/enduser-reference/pom.xml
>
> somewhere (gist, as suggested should be good enough) so that we can
> take an effective look at the proposed changes.
> Thanks.
>
> Regards.
>
> On 18/11/2016 18:03, Andrea Patricelli wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I think that hacking the pom.xml of the fit/enduser cannot be a long
>> lasting solution. So I agree about introducing a specific profile for
>> developing of IT tests, it could help for the current developing needs.
>> It would also be cool to have more granularity and run specific tests
>> using maven like Francesco pointed out.
>> Actually, as it seems to me, the main problem is that to develop and
>> run an IT test for the enduser we must wait for the complete cargo
>> system to startup, we have no granularity. It is not feasible while
>> developing tests. We need to run single tests (while developing)
>> against a running syncope environment (enduser ui + core), and at the
>> moment AFAIK we are not able to run single tests through maven, we
>> have to use js tools as Matteo said.
>>
>> ​Best regards,
>> Andrea
>>
>> Il giorno 18 nov 2016, 17:31, alle ore 17:31, Matteo Di Carlo
>> <matteo.dicarlo@tirasa.net> ha scritto:

>>> Hi Francesco,
>>> correct. the goal is developing enduser tests in a faster way, but
>>> mainly I couldn't find where to run Node outside the enduser-test.dir
>>> if
>>> not created.
>>> We can run tests with mvn clean verify, but running them with node
>>> while
>>> developing brings few advantages :
>>>
>>> -we can choose which test to run, e.g. if we are working on a single
>>> test we don't have to run them all,
>>> -we can change protractor configuration, e.g. what browser to use for
>>> testing or the order with which we want to run tests, and see results
>>> without rebuild,
>>> -we can change html views (since protractor works with html elements it
>>>
>>> can happen that we need to add tags to html files) and run the same
>>> test
>>> again.
>>>
>>> To achieve this goals everything I did is
>>>
>>> 1.    removing  <skipTests>true</skipTests> from every plugins that
>>> excecute pre-integration-test phase,
>>> 2.    mvn -Pjrebel,
>>> 3.    move to enduser-test.dir
>>> 4.    write, modify tests or configuration files
>>> 5.    copy updated test files in enduser-test.dir
>>> 6.    delete test files  I'm not interested to, from enduser-test.dir
>>> 7.    run nodejs/node/node nodejs/bin/protractor protractor-conf.js