syncope-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Next releases
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2016 12:24:49 GMT
On 01/09/2016 18:21, Tushar Mishra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wish to help solve the problem with the eclipse plugin. Can I know the
> details about it? Is there a JIRA issue or a build log that I can consult
> to start working on it? Or maybe you could explain the problem, so I can
> figure out the details myself.

As you might imagine since the vote for 2.0.0.M5 is currently in
progress, I've finally managed to solve the issues mentioned above.

Essentially, I had two problems:

1. The maven release plugin - used by our release process [1] - does not
manage version numbers in MANIFEST.MF, only pom.xml, so during the
release:prepare phase, Tycho was complaining about version mismatch, as
Bundle-Version [2] is statically set to 2.0.0.qualifier - which works
well only when pom version ends with -SNAPSHOT.

After spending some time in finding a proper fix, I ended up by manually
updating the version number [2] to 2.0.0.M5 (as 2.0.0-M5 was not
accepted) right before running release:prepare and restoring it to
2.0.0.qualifier right before release:perform.
I will update [1] with such steps for future releases.

2. The apache-release profile defined in the ASF parent pom [3] ensures,
among other things, to generate the '*-source-release.zip' assembly
containing the project sources during the release process.
Unfortunately, such assembly is not smart enough to exclude the content
of the (non-standard)

ide/eclipse/bundles/org.apache.syncope.ide.eclipse.plugin/lib/

and

ide/eclipse/bundles/org.apache.syncope.ide.eclipse.plugin/bin/

directories, populated by binary artifacts during the build process.
For this reason I had to override the source assembly with our new local
one [4].

Hope this clarifies.
Regards.

[1] http://syncope.apache.org/release-process.html#Prepare_the_release
[2]
https://github.com/apache/syncope/blob/master/ide/eclipse/bundles/org.apache.syncope.ide.eclipse.plugin/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF#L5
[3] http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/apache/18/apache-18.pom
[4]
https://github.com/apache/syncope/blob/master/src/assemble/source-release.xml

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

member, Syncope PMC chair, Cocoon PMC, Olingo PMC,
CXF Committer, OpenJPA Committer, PonyMail PPMC
http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/