syncope-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Managing WebApplicationException
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2016 11:07:53 GMT
Hi all,
during a recent chat I had with the good Sergey (on another topic), I
have found that the JAX-RS's standard WebApplicationException (and child
exceptions) are handled by CXF, according to the specs, via
WebApplicationExceptionMapper [1].

Syncope's RestServiceExceptionMapper, however, contains some code [2] to
manage such exceptions, which is never going to be triggered, at this point.

Please consider that this affects both 1.2 and 2.0.

IMO, we should either:

  (a) remove [2] and let CXF do its work according to the specs
  (b) set the 'default.wae.mapper.least.specific' (which is false by
default) to delegate WebApplicationException to [2]

WDYT?
Regards.

[1]
https://github.com/apache/cxf/blob/3.1.x-fixes/rt/frontend/jaxrs/src/main/java/org/apache/cxf/jaxrs/impl/WebApplicationExceptionMapper.java