syncope-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Intermittent error during junit Tests
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2016 04:43:33 GMT
On 2016-08-28 16:47 Nicola Scendoni wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Following error appears intermittently during junit tests. I have seen
> this
> error on different tests, not only on PullTaskITCase.
>
> Do you have some idea?

Hi Nicola,
you are unfortunately right: I am also experiencing similar troubles -
and it also happens sometimes with Travis CI's [1] and my company
Jenkins's [2] jobs.

I have recently spent some time in trying to track such problem, but I
could not find any way to consistently reproduce it; I could only find
the place (in OpenJPA's code) where the exception is raised [3].
It also seems that this commit [4] reduced the frequency of the problem
to occur during Java EE container startup [4]

I have also tried to follow the exception message's suggestion, e.g. to
set the `openjpa.Multithreaded property to true`, but things worsened.

Any suggestion is naturally welcome :-)
Regards.

[1] https://travis-ci.org/apache/syncope
[2] http://jenkins.tirasa.net/job/ApacheSyncopeMaster/
[3]
https://github.com/apache/openjpa/blob/2.4.x/openjpa-kernel/src/main/java/org/apache/openjpa/kernel/BrokerImpl.java#L1987
[4]
https://github.com/apache/syncope/commit/89ef5169158a6ea3c71e3d305c4389ded3496c5a

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

member, Syncope PMC chair, Cocoon PMC, Olingo PMC,
CXF Committer, OpenJPA Committer, PonyMail PPMC
http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/