syncope-dev mailing list archives

From andrea <andrea.patrice...@tirasa.net>
Subject Re: [Syncope-808] How I send PR to upstream
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2016 07:47:10 GMT
Hi Nuwan,

I commented almost all files of your PR and left you a feedback about
the PR.

You have, at least, to close the open points described in the previous
email (especially code formatting, correct license headers and
functionalities)  and then we could take into account to accept pull
request.

See other comments inline.

Il 06/07/2016 08:02, Nuwan Sameera ha scritto:
> Hi all,
>
> "Suggestion: you can also open an issue for each point on your Git
> repository NuwanSameera/syncope. It will be very useful for you and
> for us to check developments."
>
> I don't enable create new issue option in NuwanSameera/syncope. There
> is no option describe in [1]
>         [1] https://help.github.com/articles/creating-an-issue/

I think that you are able to open issues on our private repo, maybe you
have only to enable issues on you private repo.

> I do following changes in netbeans plugin. All the source codes are
> available in [2]
>        [2]
> https://github.com/NuwanSameera/syncope/tree/master/netbeans-plugin
>
> Changes:
>
> "1. add dependencies in the root (father) pom.xml, versions of
> dependencies must be maven properties so that you can change them easily.
>     Then you can import dependencies in the child project (your
> project) without specifying versions.
>
> 2. Additional netbeans repository definition must be moved from child
> pom.xml to father (root) pms.xml into the tag "repositories". "
> I Resolved above issues.
>
> "4. Remove org.apache.syncope.netbeans.pl
> <http://org.apache.syncope.netbeans.pl>ugin.entity.Test.java class! If
> you need to make some test (about plugin, if needed) you must add test
> classes under src/test directory. But Test class is not a test about
> plugin, so you can remove it."
> Remove Test.java class
>
> "5. Remove all @author javadoc."
> Remove @author anotation.
>

> Other issues work in progress. I resolve them soon. Please check and
> give me feedback.
>
> I send pull request to apache/syncope [3]
>          [3] https://github.com/apache/syncope/pull/27

Ok I have commented PR. Follow instructions provided.

> [...]
>         Remove org.apache.syncope.netbeans.plugin.entity.Test.java
>         class! If you need to make some test (about plugin, if needed)
>         you must add test classes under src/test directory. But Test
>         class is not a test about plugin, so you can remove it.
>
>         5. Remove all @author javadoc.
>
>         6. Do you really need ianal-maven-plugin definition and
>         configuration? I think that is enough father pms.xml one.
>
>         7. remove*
>
>         <properties>
>
>          <checkstyle.skip>true</checkstyle.skip>
>
>                <rat.skip>true</rat.skip>
>
>            </properties>*
>         These two properties must be removed, because you project have
>         to build with checkstyle and rat checks enabled.
>
>         8. Plugin homepage http://syncope.apache.org/netbeans-plugin/
>         does not exist.
>
>         9. You must do a bit of refactoring putting the project under
>         an higher level project IDE. I'll give you details further.
>
>         10. I successfullty installed and tried to use plugin, but
>         after I clicked on close button gave me an error and I had to
>         restart netbeans to set new url, username and password for
>         syncope endpoint. This is really disappointing.
>
>         11. Seems that sometimes Netbeans hangs and nothing happens.
>         You could add a progress bar in the footer of the browser
>         (like download or build) progress bar.
>         Can be this template loading non-blocking?
>
>         12. About report XSLTs: you do not have to let the user choose
>         the format, because XSLT is the reference format. You have to
>         show one XSLT file (tab or subtab like Source and History) for
>         each format of the report (CSV, FO, HTML), but format of the
>         file is always XSLT, could never exist sample xslt that is .html.
>
>         13. After closing plugin and reconnecting I see duplicated
>         templates in the left navigation toolbar of the plugin, and a
>         duplicate is created every time I reconnect why??
>
>         14. If I click on test mail template another nothing happens.
>
>         15. How can I save remotely template? Just clicking on Save
>         button? I tried but I did not see changes on Syncope.
>
>         Suggestion: you can also open an issue for each point on your
>         Git repository NuwanSameera/syncope. It will be very useful
>         for you and for us to check developments.
>

>             I need feedback about my project and I need to know how I
>             send PR to
>             upstream.
>

>         To send  a PR, after a rebase with Apache Syncope master, you
>         just click on New pull request button in your project main page.
>
>             Thanks and Regards.
>

>         HTH best regards,
>         Andrea
>

>     --
>     Nuwan Sameera.
>     Undergraduate,
>     Electronic and Telecommunication Engineering,
>     University of Moratuwa.
>

> --
> Nuwan Sameera.
> Undergraduate,
> Electronic and Telecommunication Engineering,

Best regards,
Andrea