syncope-dev mailing list archives

From andrea <andrea.patrice...@tirasa.net>
Subject Re: [Syncope-808] How I send PR to upstream
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2016 10:18:30 GMT

Il 02/07/2016 11:29, Nuwan Sameera ha scritto:
> Hi all,
>
> I worked with [Syncope-808] as GSoC project. Now I am not in GSoC program.
> But I would like to contribute [Syncope-808]. In this time I did some
> implementation about netbeans plugin.
>
> All source codes are available in
>               [1]
> https://github.com/NuwanSameera/syncope/tree/master/netbeans-plugin
>
> All the instructions to how install and run netbeans plugin available in
> * [GSoC 2016] [Syncope 808] *mail thread.

Hi Nuwan,

I had a look to your project, I checked code and functionalities.
Here are some suggestions on how to proceed to PR:

First of all you have to rebase your Apache Syncope fork with current
Apache Syncope master. I.e. you have to import all commits done on
apache:master to re-align your project to Apache Syncope one. Like
GitHub says you are 78 commits behind apache:master. You can use Git
rebase command, there is a lot of documentation on the web.
There are some best paractises to follow while developing with Apache
Syncope. Especially in the pom.xml you have to:

1.  add dependencies in the root (father) pom.xml, versions of
dependencies must be maven properties so that you can change them easily.
     Then you can import dependencies in the child project (your
project) without specifying versions.

2. Additional netbeans repository definition must be moved from child
pom.xml to father (root) pms.xml into the tag "repositories".

3. While building the project I see: *[WARNING] The artifact
org.apache.commons:commons-io:jar:1.3.2 has been relocated to
commons-io:commons-io:jar:1.3.2 Please check if *this import is really
necessary and if you can solve this warning. 4. Remove
org.apache.syncope.netbeans.plugin.entity.Test.java class! If you need
to make some test (about plugin, if needed) you must add test classes
under src/test directory. But Test class is not a test about plugin, so
you can remove it.

5. Remove all @author javadoc.

6. Do you really need ianal-maven-plugin definition and configuration? I
think that is enough father pms.xml one.

7. remove*

<properties>

        <checkstyle.skip>true</checkstyle.skip>

        <rat.skip>true</rat.skip>

    </properties>*
These two properties must be removed, because you project have to build
with checkstyle and rat checks enabled.

8. Plugin homepage http://syncope.apache.org/netbeans-plugin/ does not
exist.

9. You must do a bit of refactoring putting the project under an higher
level project IDE. I'll give you details further.

10. I successfullty installed and tried to use plugin, but after I
clicked on close button gave me an error and I had to restart netbeans
to set new url, username and password for syncope endpoint. This is
really disappointing.

11. Seems that sometimes Netbeans hangs and nothing happens. You could
add a progress bar in the footer of the browser (like download or build)
progress bar.
Can be this template loading non-blocking?

12. About report XSLTs: you do not have to let the user choose the
format, because XSLT is the reference format. You have to show one XSLT
file (tab or subtab like Source and History) for each format of the
report (CSV, FO, HTML), but format of the file is always XSLT, could
never exist sample xslt that is .html.

13. After closing plugin and reconnecting I see duplicated templates in
the left navigation toolbar of the plugin, and a duplicate is created
every time I reconnect why??

14. If I click on test mail template another nothing happens.

15. How can I save remotely template? Just clicking on Save button? I
tried but I did not see changes on Syncope.

Suggestion: you can also open an issue for each point on your Git
repository NuwanSameera/syncope. It will be very useful for you and for
us to check developments.

> I need feedback about my project and I need to know how I send PR to
> upstream.

To send  a PR, after a rebase with Apache Syncope master, you just click
on New pull request button in your project main page.

> Thanks and Regards.

HTH best regards,
Andrea