syncope-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dynamic Groups/Roles
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2016 06:32:24 GMT
On 28 June 2016 18:47:23 CEST, Colm O hEigeartaigh <coheigea@apache.org> wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>Just a quick question - could someone outline to me a basic use-case
>for
>dynamic groups/roles in 2.0.0? There is nothing on the wiki about this
>new
>feature....

Hi Colm,
the idea is to include such information (and more about new and old features) in the reference
guide, which looks to me as the biggest effort remaining before 2.0.0 - and help is highly
appreciated ;-)
Once done, we will also need to discuss about reorganizing the wiki to coexist with it.

Anyway, think about the case in which you have a "department" attribute for users - pulled
by Active Directory for example. You can easily select HR or IT department users in a dynamic
group (for propagation onto an external db) or in a dynamic role (for delegated administration
via console).

But this is just a bare sample, maybe others can come with more.

AFAIR such feature originated from COS templates in Sun Directory Server.

Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

member, Syncope PMC chair, Cocoon PMC, Olingo PMC,
CXF Committer, OpenJPA Committer
http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/