syncope-dev mailing list archives

From Tushar Mishra <tusharm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Eclipse Plugin [SYNCOPE-809] as GSoC 16 Project
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2016 11:21:25 GMT
Update:
1. Editor classes added
2. Template is read and displayed in editor

TODO:
1. Allow template to be viewed in different formats (HTML, text)
2. Allow changes made in template to be sent to deployment

Commit --> 5c02b33cad7f5802e0c55344e53e0c7623c4e05b
<https://github.com/tmess567/SYNCOPE-809/commit/5c02b33cad7f5802e0c55344e53e0c7623c4e05b>

On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 6:33 PM Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgrosso@apache.org>
wrote:

> On 2016-06-02 12:28 Tushar Mishra wrote:
> > Update: Added the following with this commit
> > <
> https://github.com/tmess567/SYNCOPE-809/commit/edd9ede850b0a75854491619740818ad7fd97932
> >
> > TreeViewer now supports Add and Remove functionality
> > Right click on
> > 1. TreeParent allows adding a new template key
> > 2. TreeObject allows removing key
> >
> > Problems:
> > 1. Users except admin do not return any template keys. Can only the
> > admin
> > have mail and report Templates or can any normal user have them too?
>
> The internal security model [1] requires that the requesting user owns
> different entitlements for being allowed to invoke different REST
> endpoints; for example, to list all mail templates available, the
> "MAIL_TEMPLATE_LIST" entitlement is necessary.
>
> You will need then to create a role R, assign the needed entitlements to
> it and finally make the new user member of such role.
> Only at this point such user will be allowed to invoke the corresponding
> REST calls.
>
> "admin" owns all defined entitlements.
>
> > 2. When trying to add an already existing key, SyncopeClient doesn't
> > throw
> > any error. I can simply check against the loaded key list, but
> > shouldn't
> > that be done by SyncopeClient itself?
>
> The Syncope client library does not throw any exception because the
> Syncope core does not throw any exception in case one if attempting to
> create a mail template with an existing key; if you believe that an
> exception should be raised, please fill an improvement on JIRA (with fix
> version 2.0.0 and component "core").
>
> Regards.
>
> [1]
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SYNCOPE/%5BDISCUSS%5D+Realms#id-[DISCUSS]Realms-Newsecuritymodel
> [2]
>
> https://github.com/apache/syncope/blob/master/core/logic/src/main/java/org/apache/syncope/core/logic/MailTemplateLogic.java
> [3]
>
> https://github.com/apache/syncope/blob/master/core/logic/src/main/java/org/apache/syncope/core/logic/ReportTemplateLogic.java
>
> > On Wed, Jun 1, 2016 at 4:30 PM Tushar Mishra <tusharm567@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Update: Added the following on this commit
> >> <
> https://github.com/tmess567/SYNCOPE-809/commit/3ce1e8ee7fc1e2c407a579b16746a4561f5c11c0

> >> 2. Preferences used to store and retrieve (persist through eclipse
> >> restart)
> >>         a) Deployment url through eclipse installation
> >>         b) User credentials through workspace
> >>
> >> Please advise on any further features required in the TreeViewer.
> >> Regards,

> maven.
> changes

> /home/nitrous/syncope-ide/src/main/resources/org/apache/syncope/checkstyle.xml:

> [...]
I've
> time.
> Maven:
> Open

> plugin

I will start

> if

> https://github.com/tmess567/SYNCOPE-809/commit/b72ce55958aefe7ea1510428189972bccad269fd

doesn't seem to
> be
and MANIFEST.MF
> to be
directory as
> well.
developers until
> I'm

the tree view to
helpful if you
> could
> >>> >>

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/62687598/image2016-3-15%2017%3A49%3A32.png?version=1&modificationDate=1458060572000&api=v2

my project:

included parent POM
and binary files
Eclipse project
> instead of
of the repository
user to define the url
> of

icon
and
> build.properties

or problems
> observed.

Chicchiriccò <

as a Maven project
> having

since your (and Nuwan
> Sameera's
going to be merged into the

the source tree (Maven
> will
> >>> >>>>>>>>>>

> https://github.com/tmess567/SYNCOPE-809/tree/master/EclipsePlugin/lib
> >>> >>

> https://github.com/tmess567/SYNCOPE-809/tree/master/EclipsePlugin/mvnlib
> >>> >>

> https://github.com/tmess567/SYNCOPE-809/tree/master/EclipsePlugin/target/
on how to (1) build and
supported Eclipse versions)

wrote:
> [...]
Client library to access data
> from
and advise me on any required

PM Tushar Mishra

you on my progress in the project.

start of my project, I've built
and report templates using
provide data from the REST API
> and
shows the keys of the mail and
> report
here

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SYNCOPE/GSOC+2016>.
has been uploaded here <
my mentor that I should be using
> the
and sending data to the rest
> API.
it and will be updating you guys on

the current one with the Apache's
Please
> take
are required.

--
Tushar Mishra
University of Petroleum and Energy Studies