syncope-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Realm provisioning
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2016 08:30:03 GMT
Hi all,
as the final 2.0.0 is approaching (I believe we might need a further M4
before that, anyway), I was considering that, even though we introduced
with realms [1] a simpler and neat approach to the internal security,
there might be still some missing bit to cover.

As you know, in fact, both LDAP and Active Directory (but also
GoogleApps) have the concept of "organization", as user / group / other
container.

Currently, we do not take care of provisioning such containers, but I
think that realms, originally conceived only for internal structure,
could fill the gap.

If no one has anything against this, I will open an issue and move
forward with (hopefully simple) implementation.
Regards.

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SYNCOPE/%5BDISCUSS%5D+Realms

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

member, Syncope PMC chair, Cocoon PMC, Olingo PMC,
CXF Committer, OpenJPA Committer, PonyMail PPMC
http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/