syncope-dev mailing list archives

From Tushar Mishra <tusharm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Eclipse Plugin [SYNCOPE-809] as GSoC 16 Project
Date Fri, 27 May 2016 08:06:35 GMT
Update:

1. icon has been changed with this commit
<https://github.com/tmess567/SYNCOPE-809/commit/b72ce55958aefe7ea1510428189972bccad269fd>
2. Commented on issue #3 <https://github.com/tmess567/SYNCOPE-809/issues/3>

Refactoring plugin.xml to src/main/resources/ doesn't seem to be directly
possible. Also, plugin.xml requires META-INF and MANIFEST.MF to be in the
same directory, so that has to be in the root directory as well.
I will continue to look into it and ask other developers until I'm sure.

Also, do I need to change the icons used in the tree view to represent
folders and files? If so, it would be really helpful if you could point me
to where you got the icons for the image
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/62687598/image2016-3-15%2017%3A49%3A32.png?version=1&modificationDate=1458060572000&api=v2>
you
posted over at the wiki page
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SYNCOPE/GSOC+2016> for the
GSoC project.

Regards,

On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 4:29 PM Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgrosso@apache.org>
wrote:

> On 26/05/2016 12:46, Tushar Mishra wrote:
> > I have made the following changes to my project:
> >
> > 1. Refactored as Maven project and included parent POM
> > 2. Removed unnecessary target libraries and binary files
> > 3. Added Readme to Github repository
> > 4. Changed repository to only contain Eclipse project instead of entire
> > workspace
> > 5. Brought source to root directory of the repository
> > 6. Changed base package from "eclipseplugin" to "org.apache.syncope.ide.
> > eclipse"
> > 7. Added Login functionality to allow user to define the url of syncope
> > deployment and username password combination
> >
> > Changes to be made:
> >
> > 1. Replace icon of plugin to syncope's icon
> > 2. Remove .settings, META-INF, .classpath and build.properties files and
> > folders and generate them using maven
> >
> > Please advise on any more changes required or problems observed.
>
> Hi Tushar,
> I have opened
>
> https://github.com/tmess567/SYNCOPE-809/issues/1
> https://github.com/tmess567/SYNCOPE-809/issues/2
> https://github.com/tmess567/SYNCOPE-809/issues/3
>
> with some indications.
> Regards.
>
> > On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 12:14 PM Francesco Chicchiriccò <
> ilgrosso@apache.org>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Tushar,
> >> here are my preliminary observations:
> >>
> >> 1. please refactor the whole project as a Maven project having the
> >> following parent POM:
> >>
> >>     <parent>
> >>       <groupId>org.apache.syncope</groupId>
> >>       <artifactId>syncope</artifactId>
> >>       <version>2.0.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
> >>     </parent>
> >>
> >> This will help for later stages since your (and Nuwan Sameera's for
> >> SYNCOPE-808) code is eventually going to be merged into the Apache
> >> Syncope source tree.
> >>
> >> 2. avoid putting binary files into the source tree (Maven will greatly
> >> help WRT this), like as
> >>
> >> https://github.com/tmess567/SYNCOPE-809/tree/master/EclipsePlugin/lib
> >>
> https://github.com/tmess567/SYNCOPE-809/tree/master/EclipsePlugin/mvnlib
> >>
> https://github.com/tmess567/SYNCOPE-809/tree/master/EclipsePlugin/target/
> >>
> >> 3. add a wiki page with instructions on how to (1) build and (2) use
> >> your plugin within Eclipse (with supported Eclipse versions)
> >>
> >> Regards.

> >> added
> >> in a
> >> http://imgur.com/4BO4yi2>.
> progress

> >> libraries over
> and

> --
> Francesco Chicchiriccò
>
> Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
> http://www.tirasa.net/
>
> Involved at The Apache Software Foundation:
> member, Syncope PMC chair, Cocoon PMC,
> Olingo PMC, CXF Committer, OpenJPA Committer
> http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/
>
> --
Tushar Mishra
University of Petroleum and Energy Studies
Computer Science with specialization in ​Open Source Software and Open
Standards
Semester VI
+91-9675785996