syncope-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Eclipse Plugin [SYNCOPE-809] as GSoC 16 Project
Date Tue, 31 May 2016 09:20:26 GMT
On 31/05/2016 08:59, Tushar Mishra wrote:
> I built the structure as suggested by Mr. Perucci here
> <https://github.com/tmess567/SYNCOPE-809/issues/4>.
> However on running 'mvn clean verify', I got the following error.
>
> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-checkstyle-plugin:2.17:check
> (checkstyle-check) on project Syncope-IDE: Failed during checkstyle
> execution: Unable to find configuration file at location:
> /home/nitrous/syncope-ide/src/main/resources/org/apache/syncope/checkstyle.xml:
> Could not find resource '/home/nitrous/syncope-ide/
> src/main/resources/org/apache/syncope/checkstyle.xml'.

For the moment just add this to your pom.xml:

<properties>
     <checkstyle.skip>true</checkstyle.skip>
   </properties>

which will skip checkstyle checks: at some time you will place your code
into the Apache Syncope source tree and we will need to make some
changes into the pom.xml - including removing this property.

> I am also reading up on the tutorial
> <https://github.com/tmess567/SYNCOPE-809/files/289341/Eclipse.Tycho.for.building.Eclipse.Plug.pdf>
> you linked in the issues to understand tycho better, but since I've never
> really worked with maven extensively before, it is taking some time.

With caution, but take your time to get acquainted with Apache Maven: it
is fundamental for working with Apache Syncope (and thousands more Open
Source projects out there).

Regards.

> On Mon, May 30, 2016 at 1:01 PM Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgrosso@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I have commented
>>
>> https://github.com/tmess567/SYNCOPE-809/issues/3
>>
>> and also opened
>>
>> https://github.com/tmess567/SYNCOPE-809/issues/4
>>
>> Regards.

>>> Thanks for update: I'll look into that on Monday at earliest.
>>> Regards.

>> https://github.com/tmess567/SYNCOPE-809/commit/b72ce55958aefe7ea1510428189972bccad269fd

>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/62687598/image2016-3-15%2017%3A49%3A32.png?version=1&modificationDate=1458060572000&api=v2
>> the

Apache

>> https://github.com/tmess567/SYNCOPE-809/tree/master/EclipsePlugin/mvnlib
>> https://github.com/tmess567/SYNCOPE-809/tree/master/EclipsePlugin/target/

project.

Apache's
API and

Apache's HTTP
Please take a

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

member, Syncope PMC chair, Cocoon PMC, Olingo PMC,
CXF Committer, OpenJPA Committer, PonyMail PPMC
http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/