syncope-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Eclipse Plugin [SYNCOPE-809] as GSoC 16 Project
Date Wed, 25 May 2016 06:44:39 GMT
Hi Tushar,
here are my preliminary observations:

1. please refactor the whole project as a Maven project having the
following parent POM:

   <parent>
     <groupId>org.apache.syncope</groupId>
     <artifactId>syncope</artifactId>
     <version>2.0.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
   </parent>

This will help for later stages since your (and Nuwan Sameera's for
SYNCOPE-808) code is eventually going to be merged into the Apache
Syncope source tree.

2. avoid putting binary files into the source tree (Maven will greatly
help WRT this), like as

https://github.com/tmess567/SYNCOPE-809/tree/master/EclipsePlugin/lib
https://github.com/tmess567/SYNCOPE-809/tree/master/EclipsePlugin/mvnlib
https://github.com/tmess567/SYNCOPE-809/tree/master/EclipsePlugin/target/

3. add a wiki page with instructions on how to (1) build and (2) use
your plugin within Eclipse (with supported Eclipse versions)

Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

member, Syncope PMC chair, Cocoon PMC,
Olingo PMC, CXF Committer, OpenJPA Committer
http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/