syncope-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Eclipse Plugin [SYNCOPE-809] as GSoC 16 Project
Date Tue, 03 May 2016 11:43:52 GMT
On 03/05/2016 06:01, Tushar Mishra wrote:
> Hello devs,
>
> I would like to update you on my progress regarding the project. I've
> downloaded the sources and built them successfully.

That's good.

> I've also started
> working on the plugin layout which took a bit of a look around to find the
> right way to do it.

This is premature: until May 22nd you are in the community bonding
period, e.g. you are not expected to work on your project but instead to
get acquainted with Apache Syncope and its community (see my mail below).

> I would like to ask something at this point. I am able to create a "view"
> in eclipse which shall display in a window, the email templates available
> and clicking on a template would open it in the editor. Now, which of the
> following should I focus on?
>
>     - A button in the menu which opens the view in the workbench
>     - A perspective which displays just the template list view and an editor
>
> Also, I would like to know if I can use a cloud platform to develop this
> project. It would be easier for me since I work behind a proxy in my
> college and also, it would save me the hassle of manually backing up my
> work everyday.

Do you want to deploy Apache Syncope in a cloud space of yours (which
one, in case?) or are you looking for a place where it is already
deployed and running? For the latter case you might want to empower

http://syncope.apache.org/demo.html

Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

member, Syncope PMC chair, Cocoon PMC,
Olingo PMC, CXF Committer, OpenJPA Committer
http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/