syncope-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre Smits <pierre.sm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Development environment proposal
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2016 14:42:01 GMT
Hi Franesco,

I would say there are even more such solutions in the product portfolio of
the ASF, such as:

   - Apache Directory
   - Apache OpenMeetings
   - etc.

If you want to learn first-hand regarding the OFBiz demo deployments,
contact Jacques le Roux.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
OFBiz based solutions & services

OFBiz Extensions Marketplace
http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/

On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 1:23 PM, Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgrosso@apache.org
> wrote:

> On 20/03/2016 21:59, Pierre Smits wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Having a demo-vm is a good thing to show -and- check functionality. This
>> is
>> something we at Apache OFBiz already have for years. We provide 2 demo
>> sites. One against the latest stable release and one against the trunk.
>> This way we can provide not only a demo for potential adopters, but also a
>> good reference point for contributing developers and documenters comparing
>> their own development actions against trunk but also for finding and
>> establishing the existence of the bugs. More over it is easier to
>> reference
>> a bug with a link in the demo against the trunk than referring to
>> something
>> might have different urls and screens shot.
>>

> Thanks Pierre.
> I was actually about thinking that, among other projects at The ASF, OFBiz
> is probably the most similar to Syncope: not for application domain, of
> course, but rather for being an "almost ready-to-run" enterprise
> application - as opposite as framework / library like as many other
> projects here.
>
> I'd say we have to study and learn from OFBiz's ability to create and
> maintain a large and vivid ecosystem.
>
> Regards.
>

> On Sun, Mar 20, 2016 at 6:23 PM, Francesco Chicchiriccò <
>> ilgrosso@apache.org> wrote:

Syncope