syncope-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Some Console issues when creating Groups for 2.0.0-M2
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2016 15:16:38 GMT
> Thanks for your feedback Fabio.
>
> On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 1:44 PM, Fabio Martelli <fabio.martelli@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> a) When browsing the Configuration Parameters, there appears to be no way
>>> to see whether a given parameter is "mandatory" or not. If you edit a
>>> parameter, you just see the Schema name + Values.
>>>
>> Configuration parameters are optional (as is for 1.2.X).
>> The issue is: mandatory field must be removed from configuration parameter
>> creation page.
>>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNCOPE-813
>

>>> b) When creating a new Group (Syncope embedded mode using the "main"
>>> MasterContent.xml) there is no "*" beside the "authentication.statuses"
>>> parameter (maybe because it is multi-valued?) However, if you fail to
>>> specify a value you get an error 'authentication.statuses is required'.
>>>
>> Sorry but you shouldn't have authentication.statuses for group.
>> Are you referring to configuration parameters? In this case see response
>> above.
>>
> No, I think maybe this is a separate bug, where Configuration Parameters
> are appearing when configuring a group. See the screenshot here:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12795207/syncope-spinner.png
>
> You can see here that it is asking to specify items such as
> "password.cipher.algorithm" when creating a group? BTW this only happens
> when I don't select a value for "Profile extension by auxiliary classes".

How could you get a group having "authentication.statuses" or other conf
params as attributes? Which auxiliary classes have you selected?
Selecting configuration parameters for AnyTypeClasses should not be allowed.

Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

member, Syncope PMC chair, Cocoon PMC, Olingo PMC, CXF committer
http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/