syncope-dev mailing list archives

From Fabio Martelli <fabio.marte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Some Console issues when creating Groups for 2.0.0-M2
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2016 13:44:08 GMT
Hi Colm, please see my comment in-line.
Regards,
F.

Il 24/03/2016 13:23, Colm O hEigeartaigh ha scritto:
> Hi all,
>
> More potential issues in 2.0.0-M2. Please give me some feedback + I will
> create JIRAs if necessary.
>
> a) When browsing the Configuration Parameters, there appears to be no way
> to see whether a given parameter is "mandatory" or not. If you edit a
> parameter, you just see the Schema name + Values.
Configuration parameters are optional (as is for 1.2.X).
The issue is: mandatory field must be removed from configuration
parameter creation page.

> b) When creating a new Group (Syncope embedded mode using the "main"
> MasterContent.xml) there is no "*" beside the "authentication.statuses"
> parameter (maybe because it is multi-valued?) However, if you fail to
> specify a value you get an error 'authentication.statuses is required'.
Sorry but you shouldn't have authentication.statuses for group.
Are you referring to configuration parameters? In this case see response
above.

> c) When creating a new Group, why not have the ability to select the given
> value from a drop down list according to the values configured for the
> parameter? So for example, if the value of "Password Cipher Algorithm" is
> "SHA1", then you should be able to select this from a drop down list. Maybe
> if there is only a single value, then it could already be filled in for you.
Probably you are still referring to parameters.
In any case you have this behaviour if you create an enum schema.

> d) If you make an error when configuring the Group, so for example as above
> if you don't fill in a value for "authentication.statuses", the values you
> have entered are wiped clean and you have to re-enter everything again.
This is a bug. Can you open a new issue for this?

> e) If you enter a value for a multi-valued field (like
> "authentication.statuses") and then click "+" to add another, but then
> change your mind and click "-", the extra field stays put, there is no way
> to get rid of it.
Sorry I cannot reproduce. Am I missing something?

--
Fabio Martelli
https://it.linkedin.com/pub/fabio-martelli/1/974/a44

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence