syncope-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Some comments on Connectors
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2016 09:25:36 GMT
> On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 4:35 PM, Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgrosso@apache.org>
wrote:

>> a) I filed a bug (SYNCOPE-805) for when the user doesn't specify a
>>> destination realm for a pull task. However, I wonder if it would it be
>>> possible for the user to select the destination realm from a drop-down
>>> list?
>> Sounds good: can you suggest this as alternative fix for SYNCOPE-805?
> Done.

Thanks.

>>> b) When running Syncope via a Maven archetype + mvn -Pembedded (using the core
main, not test, configuration) I don't see anything relating to
>>> "Extensions" in the UI. I see it when I download the standalone
>>> distribution though. Perhaps the default configuration for the archetype
>>> needs to be updated to reference Camel etc?
>> The idea is to not enable extensions (nor Camel nor Swagger UI, which are
>> the extensions currently available) by default; maybe an idea is to add a
>> further "all" profile - similarly to what we do with fit/core-reference so
>> that one can run
>>
>> * mvn -Pembedded to get the environment without extensions
>> * mvn -Pembedded,all to get the environment with extensions
> Yep that'd be great.

I have opened SYNCOPE-810.

>>> c) I noticed here (https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/syncope/2.0.0-M2/)
>>> that half of the artifacts start with "apache-syncope" and the other half
>>> with "syncope". Any reason why they are not all starting with
>>> "apache-syncope" for consistency?
>> Essentially, .deb packages have the "apache-syncope" prefix rather than
>> "syncope" - as all other artifacts, which take the name off of Maven
>> modules, do instead.
>>
>> We might want to change the .deb packages prefix to "syncope" (and
>> generated directories as /etc/apache-syncope, /var/log/apache-syncope etc)
>> for consistency; anyway, this is following the practice we have since 1.2.0.
> Ok thanks for the explanation. TBH I wouldn't bother changing things, it's
> just a trivial issue really.

Fine: if others want, I don't see any troubles in renaming .deb packages.

Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

member, Syncope PMC chair, Cocoon PMC, Olingo PMC, CXF committer
http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/