syncope-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Some comments on Connectors
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2016 16:35:31 GMT
Hi Colm,
first of all, thanks for spending time for careful examination of
2.0.0-M2 from a kind of "external" point of view, and for opening issues
accordingly.

> A few other random thoughts:
>
> a) I filed a bug (SYNCOPE-805) for when the user doesn't specify a
> destination realm for a pull task. However, I wonder if it would it be
> possible for the user to select the destination realm from a drop-down list?

Sounds good: can you suggest this as alternative fix for SYNCOPE-805?

> b) When running Syncope via a Maven archetype + mvn -Pembedded (using the
> core main, not test, configuration) I don't see anything relating to
> "Extensions" in the UI. I see it when I download the standalone
> distribution though. Perhaps the default configuration for the archetype
> needs to be updated to reference Camel etc?

The idea is to not enable extensions (nor Camel nor Swagger UI, which
are the extensions currently available) by default; maybe an idea is to
add a further "all" profile - similarly to what we do with
fit/core-reference so that one can run

* mvn -Pembedded to get the environment without extensions
* mvn -Pembedded,all to get the environment with extensions

WDYT?

> c) I noticed here (https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/syncope/2.0.0-M2/)
> that half of the artifacts start with "apache-syncope" and the other half
> with "syncope". Any reason why they are not all starting with
> "apache-syncope" for consistency?

Essentially, .deb packages have the "apache-syncope" prefix rather than
"syncope" - as all other artifacts, which take the name off of Maven
modules, do instead.

We might want to change the .deb packages prefix to "syncope" (and
generated directories as /etc/apache-syncope, /var/log/apache-syncope
etc) for consistency; anyway, this is following the practice we have
since 1.2.0.

Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

member, Syncope PMC chair, Cocoon PMC, Olingo PMC, CXF committer
http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/