syncope-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Development environment proposal
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2016 13:48:00 GMT
On 17/03/2016 14:38, Giacomo Lamonaco wrote:
> Il giorno gio, 17/03/2016 alle 14.16 +0100, andrea ha scritto:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> During developments of Apache Syncope 2.0 (especially enduser) I felt
>> the need to have a common and fully-accessible development
>> environment.
>> And this is my proposal:
>>
>> We can  setup a development platform (virtual machine, whatever)
>> which
>> aim is to have a shared, accessible (by contributor, committer or
>> everybody who wants to take a look to current Apache Syncope
>> developments, let's talk about it) and fully-working Apache Syncope
>> distribution.
>> This platform must contain the latest version of Apache Syncope
>> project,
>> in particular "what is on the master branch", so it's a capture
>> (demo)
>> of current developments.
>> With the help of a continuous-integration tool, like Jenkins, we can
>> assure that this machine has the latest Apache Syncope available.
>> In this way we can have a "reference" machine that can be useful for
>> demos, or simply to browse latest features, etc.
>>
>> WDYT?
> Hi Andrea,
>
> Great idea! Here is my +1. As you said, it could be really useful to share with contributors
(or everybody else) the latest functionality, and discuss further improvements.

+1 looks good!

If others agree we might want to ask infra to provide us with a Ubuntu
VM (say syncope-vm.apache.org) where something (say a Jenkins build) can
automatically deploy the latest core, console and enduser deb packages,
for every build.

Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

member, Syncope PMC chair, Cocoon PMC, Olingo PMC, CXF committer
http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/