syncope-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Syncope clustering
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2016 07:52:37 GMT
> Hi all,
>
> The Syncope cluster page* gives information about deploying multiple
> Syncope instances sharing the same database, and then gives some
> information about Tomcat clustering.
>
> Just wondering what the benefit is, if any, to setting up a Tomcat cluster,
> if you don't need session replication? Wouldn't the first scenario suffice
> for load balancing, or am I missing something?

Hum, I believe you are right: as you point out correctly, Syncope core
does not manage any kind of user sessions - while console does; we
should change that wiki page to reflect this difference.

As for core not managing sessions, changes on such topic are indeed in
the roadmap (SYNCOPE-699 being currently set for 2.1):

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SYNCOPE/[DISCUSS]+Apache+Shiro+integration+for+authentication+and+authorization

As reported in my comment there, not sure if Shiro is still the best
option, but we'll see when the work for 2.1 is actually going to start -
at the moment all efforts are towards 2.0.

Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

member, Syncope PMC chair, Cocoon PMC, Olingo PMC, CXF committer
http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/