syncope-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Syncope for ASF identity management
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2015 07:43:00 GMT
> On 09/12/2015 15:34, Tony Stevenson wrote:
>>> Agree: we'll need to ask other people that want to get involved to
>>> subscribe infra@ as well, no problems.
>>> I'd like to keep dev@syncope in CC for any discussion on the topic,
>>> though.
>>> We might use some fancy [Syncope-PoC] subject prefix as well.
>>> As already briefly discussed via HipChat, I must admit I am not very
>>> confident with Puppet - but we are actually doing two different things:
>>>
>>>    (1) implement what we call a IAM project, that is work on a Syncope
>>> overlay - e.g. an actual Maven project whose sources need to be
>>> versioned, which in turn requires a dev env, and will produce some
>>> artifacts (WAR files actually)
>>>    (2) implement provisioning to ASF infrastructure of such WAR files
>>> into Tomcat, with DBMS support
>>>
>>> About the latter, it seems it is possible to have Jenkins pushing them
>>> to bintray for deployment, and that .deb packaging is desirable -
>>> again,
>>> no problems.
>>>
>>> One of the objectives is clearly, once the actual development is over,
>>> easily being able to move it to production, with few lines in puppet.
>> +1 to all of that.
>
> Ok, so I'll wait some little more to see if there are other reaction,
> then I'll fire up a JIRA ticket for the development VM.

It seems that Pierre has been faster, so we have

as "master" ticket and

for development VM; I have also opened

for git repo.

Per watch the issue(s) above in order to stay in touch with progresses.

Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

member, Syncope PMC chair, Cocoon PMC, Olingo PMC, CXF committer
http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/