syncope-dev mailing list archives

From andrea <andrea.patrice...@tirasa.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Next release(s)
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2015 08:10:13 GMT

Il 11/11/2015 09:13, Francesco Chicchiriccò ha scritto:
>> Hi all,
>> this discussion is triggered by some request recently received on
>> user@ [1] but also about the ongoing development effort towards 2.0.0.
>>
>> AFAICT, the current status can be summarized as follows:
>>
>>  1. feature-wise, core is currently in a quite self-consistent state,
>> even tough relevant new feature are ATM set to be implemented in
>> 2.0.0 (mainly SYNCOPE-699 / SYNCOPE-129 / SYNCOPE-534); naturally,
>> there might be bugs, especially considering the great amount of
>> additions compared to 1.2.X
>>
>>  2. console is still under active development to reach usable state
>> (remember we started it from scratch in 2.0.0) - Fabio and Marco are
>> on it
>>
>>  3. enduser is more or less in the same situation of console,
>> possibly a bit more close to the end - Andrea is on it

On enduser there are two main points to consider:
1. eventual roles and resources management that is considered in user
create/update wizard, that can be postponed (or even omitted?).
2. enduser also needs to be "synchronized" with last core developments
(on virtual attributes for example).
So is correct to say that is more or less close to the end, but I wanted
to underline these two priority issues.
>>  4. cli should be almost complete - Massimiliano is on it
>>
>>  5. documentation is less than half-way: getting started needs to be
>> adjusted with latest additions and reference guide is simply yet to
>> be written - I am on it, but seeking for contributions, especially by
>> native speakers - read Colm :-)
>>
>> Given this overall situation, I would propose to:
>>
>>  (i) keep pushing on 2, 3, 4 and 5 above
>>  (ii) fix on (1) on request
>>  (iii) as soon as 2 and 3 are in a presentable state, start thinking
>> of milestone releases (2.0.0-M1, 2.0.0-M2, etc)
>
> Forgot to add:
>
>     (iv) move all residual (and cool) features currently scheduled for
> 2.0.0 to 2.1.0
>
>> As far as I can see it, it would be really nice to cut 2.0.0-M1
>> before the end of year.
>>
>> WDYT?
>> Regards.
>>
>> [1] http://markmail.org/message/ibcz7jx53su73dld