syncope-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Next release(s)
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2015 08:11:57 GMT
Hi all,
this discussion is triggered by some request recently received on user@
[1] but also about the ongoing development effort towards 2.0.0.

AFAICT, the current status can be summarized as follows:

  1. feature-wise, core is currently in a quite self-consistent state,
even tough relevant new feature are ATM set to be implemented in 2.0.0
(mainly SYNCOPE-699 / SYNCOPE-129 / SYNCOPE-534); naturally, there might
be bugs, especially considering the great amount of additions compared
to 1.2.X

  2. console is still under active development to reach usable state
(remember we started it from scratch in 2.0.0) - Fabio and Marco are on it

  3. enduser is more or less in the same situation of console, possibly
a bit more close to the end - Andrea is on it

  4. cli should be almost complete - Massimiliano is on it

  5. documentation is less than half-way: getting started needs to be
adjusted with latest additions and reference guide is simply yet to be
written - I am on it, but seeking for contributions, especially by
native speakers - read Colm :-)

Given this overall situation, I would propose to:

  (i) keep pushing on 2, 3, 4 and 5 above
  (ii) fix on (1) on request
  (iii) as soon as 2 and 3 are in a presentable state, start thinking of
milestone releases (2.0.0-M1, 2.0.0-M2, etc)

As far as I can see it, it would be really nice to cut 2.0.0-M1 before
the end of year.

WDYT?
Regards.

[1] http://markmail.org/message/ibcz7jx53su73dld