syncope-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AccountPolicyEnforcer / allowed characters in username
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2013 10:29:49 GMT
On 02/08/2013 10:22, Guido Wimmel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there a specific reason for the particular fixed choice of characters allowed in Syncope
usernames?
> ( AccountPolicyEnforcer.PATTERN = Pattern.compile("[a-zA-Z0-9-_@. ]+"); )
>
> We use email addresses as usernames, so we had create our own modified copy of AccountPolicyEnforcer
to extend the pattern
> (e.g. allowing the '+' sign).

Hi Guido,
this seems more than reasonable to me, and I don't remember any valid
reason to keep that regexp as static there: may Fabio is able to provide
some insight?

> Maybe this could also be made configurable by extending AccountPolicySpec? (I could possibly
try and provide a patch)

Nice idea: we can always re-discuss this if Fabio or other is able to
add information.

Side note: since it seems that you are now getting more involved with
Syncope (and this is definitely good IMHO), I'd encourage you to sign
and submit an ICLA [1].

Regards.

[1] http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas

--