syncope-dev mailing list archives

From Niklas Gustavsson <nik...@protocol7.com>
Subject Re: Errors in https://builds.apache.org/job/Syncope-windows/
Date Wed, 02 May 2012 18:49:41 GMT
On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 7:45 PM, Francesco Chicchiriccò
<ilgrosso@apache.org> wrote:
> Because of this, I would think that fixed port numbers will help avoiding
> major problems - as reported by Emmanuel above.
> If you still think it would be better to have random port numbers, we could
> explore build-helper-maven-plugin:reserve-network-port in order to get all
> needed network ports for running integration tests; as reported above, in
> fact, it's not just Tomcat.

Since you're running in a shared environment, it's always a bad thing
to assume that a certain port is free. Both ports in the case are
frequently used by JVM developers so I would expect conflicts. That
does not only sucks in cases such as shared CI environments but also
on some random developers machine who might not be able to run a your
build due to her having something using one of those ports.

Personally, I always use port=0 in all my unit tests for these exact reasons.

/niklas