syncope-dev mailing list archives

From Fabio Martelli <fabio.marte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Errors in https://builds.apache.org/job/Syncope-windows/
Date Thu, 03 May 2012 12:49:24 GMT

Il giorno 02/mag/2012, alle ore 19.45, Francesco Chicchiriccò ha scritto:

> On 02/05/2012 18:39, Emmanuel Lécharny wrote:
>> Le 5/2/12 5:33 PM, Niklas Gustavsson a écrit :

>>> Should be fixed now. But, I would argue that it's never a good idea to
>>> run tests on fixed ports. You're running in a shared environment (or
>>> on some random developer's box) where you can never know that these
>>> ports are available. Instead, if at all possible, let the OS pick a
>>> free port for you.
>>>
>>> /niklas
>> Hi Niklas,
>>
>> I totally agree with that. One thing to consider though : using port 0 to get Tomcat
to pick a random port might lead to many ports remaining opened, if the cleanup is not done
correctly...

> I believe that the right cleanup is currently performed; there are some known conditions
though (for example OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space) leading sometimes Tomcat processes to
hang: the only effective cleanup I know in such cases is a good old "kill -9".

> Because of this, I would think that fixed port numbers will help avoiding major problems
- as reported by Emmanuel above.
> If you still think it would be better to have random port numbers, we could explore build-helper-maven-plugin:reserve-network-port
in order to get all needed network ports for running integration tests; as reported above,
in fact, it's not just Tomcat.

Hi guys,
I've just committed some changes to close an issue but the build on windows has been failed
again.

The reason is the following

Caused by: org.codehaus.cargo.container.ContainerException: Failed to stop the Tomcat 7.x
container. Check the [F:\hudson\hudson-slave\workspace\Syncope-windows\core\target/log/cargo-output.log]
file containing the container logs for more details.
	at org.codehaus.cargo.container.spi.AbstractLocalContainer.stop(AbstractLocalContainer.java:220)
	at org.codehaus.cargo.maven2.ContainerStopMojo.doExecute(ContainerStopMojo.java:49)
	at org.codehaus.cargo.maven2.AbstractCargoMojo.execute(AbstractCargoMojo.java:311)
	at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:101)
	... 28 more
Caused by: org.codehaus.cargo.container.ContainerException: Server port 9080 did not shutdown
within the timeout period [120000]
	at org.codehaus.cargo.container.spi.AbstractLocalContainer.waitForPortShutdown(AbstractLocalContainer.java:390)

Could you kill zombie processes again?
Probably we have found a temporary workaround to avoid this situation.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
F.