syncope-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Syncope 1.0.0-RC1-incubating
Date Thu, 03 May 2012 13:02:21 GMT
Le 5/3/12 2:58 PM, Francesco Chicchiriccò a écrit :
> On 03/05/2012 14:52, Emmanuel Lécharny wrote:
>> Hi !
>>
>> /me Checking the release atm. So far, nothing blocking. I'm not
>> totally done but I have a few comments :
>>
>> - When you start a new vote, say so by adding a number in the subject
>> (like "[Vote] Apache Syncope...; Take 3"). It helps people to not get
>> lost...
> You're right, even though I would hope this won't be the case for each
> vote in the future... :-)
:)

>> - I still have some files with no license with running mvn rat:check :
>> core/src/main/resources/META-INF/services/org.identityconnectors.common.logging
>>
>> core/src/test/resources/test.csv
>>
>> AFAICT, those two files have no reason to have a license, and I guess
>> that it's covered in the apache-rat-plugin configuration. Can you
>> confirm that the check should be done with mvn apache-rat:check ? In
>> any case, I won't vote -1 because of those two files, just want to be
>> sure.
> As reported in the email body, apache-rat:check should be run, not
> rat:check; the latter has no configuration in our project, while the
> former does.
> The reasons for preferring apache-rat over rat are:
>   * apache-rat is included in Apache POM 10, not rat
>   * rat is obsolete, as reported by
> http://mojo.codehaus.org/rat-maven-plugin/
Ok, thanks. I checked the configuration, and those two files are
correctly ignored.

One bad news though :
the
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachesyncope-026/org/apache/syncope/syncope-archetype/1.0.0-RC1-incubating/syncope-archetype-1.0.0-RC1-incubating-sources.jar

does not contain the correct NOTICE and LICENSE files :/
Ps : we may need a tool (a kind of shell script) to check those files on
all the jars/wars/etc, otherwise is just a PITA to do it by hand ...

--
Regards,
Cordialement,