syncope-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: failures in Jenkins
Date Wed, 02 May 2012 15:12:37 GMT
On 02/05/2012 16:59, Emmanuel LĂ©charny wrote:
> Hi guys
> it seems you have frequent failures in jenkins, due to a Tomcat port
> already used (
> https://builds.apache.org/job/Syncope-windows/ws/core/target/log/cargo-output.log)

The port already used are 9082, used by the external TCP H2 instance and
9080, used by Tomcat.

> Selecting a fixed port (9080) to run tests is not the right approach,
> you should use 0 intsead. See
> http://olamy.blogspot.fr/2012/01/unit-tests-with-embeded-tomcat.html

This would require a considerable change in POMs since we are not using
the tomcat plugin, but the cargo plugin.

> Also, check that you are correctly closing all the running instances
> even if the tests are failing, otherwise you'll piss off the Jenkins
> admin very quickly (it's really important if you use port 0 instead of
> a fixed port)...

We never had such issues on Linux builds.

Anyway, I'll try to contact someone from INFRA in order to clean up the
workspace.

Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò