synapse-user mailing list archives

From "Hubert, Eric" <Eric.Hub...@foxmobile.com>
Subject RE: Making the Synapse configuration language XML Schema compliant
Date Mon, 26 Apr 2010 06:08:13 GMT
Hi Ruwan,
We will make sure to give proper migration tool to migrate 1.x configurations into 2.x

Thoughts?
Won’t this take a rather long time to realize and test? I’m still thinking about the option
to release a 1.3 rather shortly before moving on to larger changes.

My estimates says that it will take at least a month, but if we are to do a 1.3 that will
also take at least 2 weeks. :-(

If we are just talking about two weeks difference, I also see no benefit in doing a 1.3 release
in advance. For sure the preparation of a 1.3 release also takes time and effort. I’m just
surprised about the rather small time difference in your calculation. I thought that only
writing and testing this migration tool could take a considerable amount of time.