synapse-user mailing list archives

From Jens Goldhammer <goldhammer...@googlemail.com>
Subject Integration of Jboss Drools in Synapse?
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2008 10:42:49 GMT
Hello mailinglist,

I have read some interesting articles about rules engines and their part
in the process orchestration. I want to share my thoughts about Synapse
being not only a mediation framework, but also a rules engine in general.
Synapse provides me in writing rules via cbr (switch-case), but IMO this
is not effiently enough for bigger and complex rules. JBoss Drools
delivers an efficient way how to define business rools and execute them.
I have the idea to integrate Synapse with Drools as a rules service into
business processes. The business process calls the rules-engine to get
e.g. values of a credit limit which should not be hard coded in the
business process itself. The rules engine has to have a wsdl-interface
for integration into bpel processes, so Synapse would be a good point
because of the flexible interface. Synapse acts as a service and send
back the result of the query. Problem is now how this integration should
be done. Do you see any approach how integration between them can be made?

Thanks,
Jens