synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Resolution to move Synapse to the Attic
Date Fri, 20 May 2016 19:57:55 GMT
Hi Viraj, Buddhima and Prabath,

Can you point out any JIRAs or patches that you have worked on (you can create a few if you
intend to work on something new in the near future)? I would like to start working on getting
you guys committership.

@All
Any takers for the PMC chair position? Your main duty is to submit quarterly board reports.
No in-depth technical knowledge/experience regarding Synapse is necessary.

> On May 20, 2016, at 6:57 AM, Viraj Senevirathne <viraj.uom@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> I would like to contribute to the project. I'm familiar with the synapse code base.
>
> Thanks,
> Viraj.
>
> On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 7:05 PM, prabath <prabathmail@gmail.com <mailto:prabathmail@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Hi All.
>
> I'm also able to contribute to the project since I have fair understanding about the
synapse code base.

> Thanks.
> Prabath.
>
> On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 3:51 PM, Buddhima Wijeweera <buddhimawijeweera@gmail.com <mailto:buddhimawijeweera@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been working with Apache Synapse code for nearly 2 years and now I have a fair
understanding of the code base as well. It is sad to see that the project moving to Attic.
> I would like to contribute to this project by providing code fixes and I can also help
to make a release happen.

> Thank you,
>
> On Sat, May 14, 2016 at 11:35 AM, Brett Porter <brett@porterclan.net <mailto:brett@porterclan.net>>
wrote:
> In March, there was a vote in progress among the PMC to move Synapse to the Attic. It
stalled when someone put their hand up to help, but that does not appeared to have provided
what was needed to spur activity.

> The Attic home page [1] contains some details about its purpose - it is the destination
for Apache projects that can no longer provide oversight or muster votes for a release. It
isn't a reflection on the contributors or the codebase, and is intended to be non-impacting
to users.

--
Hiranya Jayathilaka
Mayhem Lab/RACE Lab;