Do you have a list fixes that needs to go into Axis2 and Rampart ?

Rajika

On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 12:54 AM, Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya911@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Devs,

I did some issue re-prioritization work. Overall it looks like we are in good shape for a release. There are about 7 blockers, and I'd appreciate if you guys can get them assigned to yourselves and start working on them. Some of them already have patches. If you have the time, feel free to dig into other low priority issues as well. But lets not get started on any new features until we push 3.0 out the door.

Also, FYI, one of the comments that I received for the last quarterly report suggested that we do the needful to get an Axis2 release out (we can ask the Axis2 community to grant us the necessary karma to commit patches). How do you feel about this? My initial opinion is that while we are quite familiar with the Axis2 APIs, we don't know enough to fix core issues of Axis2 (and especially Rampart). We can try to learn, but it's going to take a lot of time and effort that most of us don't seem to have at the moment. Nevertheless, let me know if you feel like we should consider that idea.

If there are no major objections, next week I will start creating the required Axis2 and Rampart branches.

Thanks,
Hiranya