synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Isuru Udana <isud...@gmail.com>
Subject New Blocking Sender implementation
Date Sun, 18 Aug 2013 13:58:29 GMT
Hi All,

Currently we have following two main places we use a blocking client to
invoke services.
1. Callout Mediator
2. Forwarding Message Processor

Both these components use the axis2 service client to invoke services in a
blocking manner.
Since the implementation is very simple, provided functionality is very
limited.

Currently we have following major limitations.

* Supports only SOAP
* Message format conversion is not supported
* QOS functionality (WS-Security, etc.) are not supported
* Cannot specify an endpoint as the service endpoint reference (In message
processors we can specify an Address endpoint. But none of the other
endpoint types and other endpoint functionality is supported)

I have implemented a new blocking client which can be used as a common
blocking sender for both above components.
This new implementation will provide the following functionality.

* Support all leaf endpoint types
* Support for REST
* Support Endpoint functionality.
      - Endpoint format conversions (soap11,soap12,pox, etc.)
      - WS-Security, WS-A
      - Endpoint Timeout (nhttp transport specific functionality is not
supported)
* message format conversions (ability to use messageType/ContentType
properties)

I have attached this implementation as patch to SYNAPSE-966 [1].
I have also attached a patch[2] to migrate the Callout mediator to this
implementation.
A sample with documentation and an integration test is also attached at [3].

If others interested, I can provide patches to migrate Message processor to
this implementation and more samples.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-966
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-967
[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-968