synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Logging Improvements in HTTP Transports
Date Sun, 11 Aug 2013 05:49:05 GMT

On Aug 10, 2013, at 10:41 PM, Rajika Kumarasiri <rajika.kumarasiri@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think this information also should go into the documentation Hiranya.

Agreed. Will update the docs.

Thanks,
Hiranya

> Rajika
>

> On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 12:21 AM, Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya911@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> During the process of migrating to Http Core 4.3, I also took some time to unify the
logging frameworks used by PT and NHTTP transports. Now both transports use the same code
for debug level logging. I also made some improvements to make it easier to configure debug
logging for the http transports. For example, enabling the following logger will activate
debug level logging for http connections.

> log4j.category.org.apache.synapse.transport.http.conn=DEBUG
>
> It is also possible to activate debug logging for source (server) and target (client)
connections separately by enabling the following loggers:

> log4j.category.org.apache.synapse.transport.http.conn.SourceConnection=DEBUG
> log4j.category.org.apache.synapse.transport.http.conn.TargetConnection=DEBUG
>
> In addition, following loggers can be enabled to get debug level logs for message headers,
IO sessions and wire level content.

> log4j.category.org.apache.synapse.transport.http.headers=DEBUG
> log4j.category.org.apache.synapse.transport.http.headers.SourceHeaders=DEBUG
> log4j.category.org.apache.synapse.transport.http.headers.TargetHeaders=DEBUG
>
> log4j.category.org.apache.synapse.transport.http.session=DEBUG
> log4j.category.org.apache.synapse.transport.http.session.SourceSession=DEBUG
> log4j.category.org.apache.synapse.transport.http.session.TargetSession=DEBUG
>
> log4j.category.org.apache.synapse.transport.http.wire=DEBUG
> log4j.category.org.apache.synapse.transport.http.wire.SourceWire=DEBUG
> log4j.category.org.apache.synapse.transport.http.wire.TargetWire=DEBUG
>
> Enabling DEBUG for a top level package like org.apache.synapse.transport or org.apache.synapse.transport.http
will enable all the above.

> This is applicable to both PT and NHTTP transports.
>
> Thanks,
> Hiranya
>
> --
> Hiranya Jayathilaka