synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: compilation errors
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2013 21:46:07 GMT

On Aug 1, 2013, at 2:34 PM, Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya911@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is  interesting. VFS transport has a compile time dependency on a javamail API,
but the dependency is not declared on any of the POMs. It looks like Maven still manages to
find the dependency via a transitive dependency in Axiom. That's probably why it works most
of the time.

> I think we can replace the use of javamail API with an Axiom API. That way we'll be able
to get rid of this compile time dependency on javamail.

Actually it's not that simple :(

VFS transport implements some Axis2 interfaces, and these interfaces require types defined
in the javamail API (especially the ContentType class). I see that latest Axiom snapshot has
a ContentType class which can be used to replace these usages of javamail. But until Axis2
switches to this new API, we will have to keep using javamail. Correct solution at this point
is to properly declare the javamail dependency in Synapse poms.

Thanks,
Hiranya

> Thanks,
> Hiranya
>
> On Aug 1, 2013, at 12:02 PM, Rajika Kumarasiri <rajika.kumarasiri@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> No I am building online.
>>
>> Rajika
>>

>> On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 2:49 PM, Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya911@gmail.com>
wrote:
>> Hi Rajika,
>>
>> Nothing has changed since yesterday. It builds fine for me and the last Jenkins build
has also been successful. This is probably an environment issue specific to your build setup.
From the looks of it maven is unable to locate a dependency (probably javamail). Are you building
offline?

>> Thanks,
>> Hiranya
>>
>> On Aug 1, 2013, at 10:02 AM, Rajika Kumarasiri <rajika.kumarasiri@gmail.com>
wrote:

>>> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.3.2:compile
(default-compile) on project synapse-vfs-transport: Compilation failure: Compilation failure:
>>> [ERROR] /home/rajika/project/apache/synapse/trunk/modules/transports/core/vfs/src/main/java/org/apache/synapse/transport/vfs/VFSTransportListener.java:[43,26]
package javax.mail.internet does not exist