synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New Blocking Sender implementation
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2013 02:38:31 GMT
Hi Isuru,

I have checked in the patches with a few minor changes. Could you also provide a patch for
the forwarding message processor?

Also, can you extend the callout mediator so that it supports anonymous (inline) endpoint
definitions like the send mediator? I think you already have all the basic elements to do
this, so it should be a pretty straightforward addition.

Thanks,
Hiranya

On Aug 18, 2013, at 6:58 AM, Isuru Udana <isudana@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Currently we have following two main places we use a blocking client to invoke services.

> 1. Callout Mediator
> 2. Forwarding Message Processor
>
> Both these components use the axis2 service client to invoke services in a blocking manner.

> Since the implementation is very simple, provided functionality is very limited.
>
> Currently we have following major limitations.
>
> * Supports only SOAP
> * Message format conversion is not supported
> * QOS functionality (WS-Security, etc.) are not supported
> * Cannot specify an endpoint as the service endpoint reference (In message processors
we can specify an Address endpoint. But none of the other endpoint types and other endpoint
functionality is supported)

--
Hiranya Jayathilaka
Mayhem Lab/RACE Lab;