synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya...@gmail.com>
Subject Pattern Support in Property Mediator (SYNAPSE-890)
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2013 18:16:22 GMT
Hi Folks,

The property mediator supports a pattern attribute which can be used to specify a regular
expression. When specified, the value of the XPath expression is matched against this regex
and the resulting group of the match is what gets assigned to the property. If the regex doesn't
match, the mediator assigns the original value of the XPath expression to the property.

SYNAPSE-890 argues that this behavior is wrong, and the mediator must assign the empty string
to the property if the regex doesn't match. I'm not quite sure what the right behavior should
be. Does anybody have any ideas? To me it's a contest between:

1. Assign the value of the XPath expression (current behavior)
2. Assign the empty string (behavior proposed in SYNAPSE-890)
3. Not set the property value at all - leave the current property value unmodified

Thanks,
Hiranya

--
Hiranya Jayathilaka