synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pass Through Transport and Next Release
Date Fri, 12 Jul 2013 04:29:06 GMT
Hi Rajika,

On Jul 11, 2013, at 7:04 PM, Rajika Kumarasiri <rajika.kumarasiri@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1. I will help fixing any outstanding issues.
>
> I also wrote a native AMQP transport for Apache synapse and see below for code. It uses
the excellent Rabbit MQ java library for AMQP. May be we can include that too in the release.
We need to make sure that the license of RabbitMQ java library is compatible though.

+1

> https://github.com/danrk/experimental/tree/master/org.apache.synapse.transport.amqp
>
> BTW, I read that all ASF projects should be moved to a git repository and have we taken
care of it?

I wasn't aware of that. According to [1] ASF still uses SVN as the primary VCS. Where exactly
did you come across this information?

Thanks,
Hiranya

[1] - http://www.apache.org/dev/git.html

> Rajika
>

> On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 6:26 PM, Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya911@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I just committed the patches for SYNAPSE-913 with some modifications. These patches contain
the code for:

> 1. The new pass through HTTP transport
> 2. Modifying Synapse to use the pass through transport as the default transport
>
> All the existing unit tests are working with these changes. All the integration tests
except for the RM test (sample 101) are also working. I've disabled the RM test for now. We'll
discuss what to do about that later in a separate thread.

> With these changes, I think we should go for a new release. I got some time at hand this
summer so I can be the release manager. I hope to get this out by the end of August or early
September. Any help with bug fixing, testing and documenting will be most appreciated.

> Thanks,
> Hiranya
>
> --
> Hiranya Jayathilaka