synapse-dev mailing list archives

From Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pass Through Transport and Next Release
Date Fri, 12 Jul 2013 05:21:48 GMT
Hi Dushan,

I'll review and apply this tomorrow.

Thanks,
Hiranya

On Jul 11, 2013, at 10:13 PM, dushan abeyruwan <dushansynapse@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Hiranya,
>    I made [1] as blocker since, most of the bug fixes done on top of the patch provided
[1], let us know when this gonna apply.

> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-920
>
> Thanks,
> Dushan
>

> On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 10:39 AM, dushan abeyruwan <dushansynapse@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Hiranya
>  [@dropped dev@synapse.apache.org only for this mail]
>    Can I know when  [1] patch gonna apply?
>            Which has the corresponding synapse version patch for ESB 4.6.0 , and there
after we have done quite a few fixers based on different customer inputs on top of patch [1],

> [1]https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-920
>

> On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 10:12 AM, Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya911@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Dushan. Create blockers for these fixes and assign them to me. I'll fast track
the review process and get them checked in asap.

> Thanks,
> Hiranya
>
> On Jul 11, 2013, at 9:34 PM, dushan abeyruwan <dushansynapse@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Hiranya,
>>     There are quite a few bug fixers we have done on PTT (including some buffer level
improvements),since the release will be on August or earlier September I will try to provide
those fixers ASAP, which make PTT to be work in more stable manner.

>> Thanks,
>> Dushan
>>

>> On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 9:59 AM, Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya911@gmail.com>
wrote:
>> Hi Rajika,
>>
>> On Jul 11, 2013, at 7:04 PM, Rajika Kumarasiri <rajika.kumarasiri@gmail.com>
wrote:

>>> +1. I will help fixing any outstanding issues.
>>>
>>> I also wrote a native AMQP transport for Apache synapse and see below for code.
It uses the excellent Rabbit MQ java library for AMQP. May be we can include that too in the
release. We need to make sure that the license of RabbitMQ java library is compatible though.

>> +1
>>

>>> https://github.com/danrk/experimental/tree/master/org.apache.synapse.transport.amqp
>>>
>>> BTW, I read that all ASF projects should be moved to a git repository and have
we taken care of it?

>> I wasn't aware of that. According to [1] ASF still uses SVN as the primary VCS. Where
exactly did you come across this information?

>> Thanks,
>> Hiranya
>>
>> [1] - http://www.apache.org/dev/git.html
>>

>>> Rajika
>>>

>>> On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 6:26 PM, Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya911@gmail.com>
wrote:
>>> Hi Folks,
>>>
>>> I just committed the patches for SYNAPSE-913 with some modifications. These patches
contain the code for:

>>> 1. The new pass through HTTP transport
>>> 2. Modifying Synapse to use the pass through transport as the default transport
>>>
>>> All the existing unit tests are working with these changes. All the integration
tests except for the RM test (sample 101) are also working. I've disabled the RM test for
now. We'll discuss what to do about that later in a separate thread.

>>> With these changes, I think we should go for a new release. I got some time at
hand this summer so I can be the release manager. I hope to get this out by the end of August
or early September. Any help with bug fixing, testing and documenting will be most appreciated.